13 of the worst hypocrites and liars. I will acknowledge some of the actual research for a lot of these was done by Rachel Maddow. I heart Rachel, She’s my hero.
1. Republicans claiming they are blocking healthcare reform on principle, and not just to undermine the current administration.
Jim DeMint: “If we can stop healthcare reform, it will be Obama’s Waterloo ... it will crush him!”
2. John McCain pontificating about how in his 20 years in the Senate he had never heard of a member not being given an extra few minutes to finish their remarks.
During the vote on the Iraq war – Senator Dayton : “I’d like an extra 30 seconds to finish my remarks.” John McCain: “I object!”
3. Joe Lieberman stated two things prominently when he was threatening to filibuster healthcare reform. First that he does not believe in the public option or a healthcare buy in and second he would use his power as a “single Senator” to make sure it never passes if it included those things..
Problem: In early 2000 Joe Lieberman co-sponsored a bill to abolish the filibuster. During his campaign for Vice President, he lobbied for a medicare buy-in for people 55 and over. He is also caucusing with the Democrats and holds a very prestigious committee chair, my question is why????
4. Blogojevich – if his mouth is moving, he’s lying …’nuff said.
5. James “Mountain” Inhofe. Now I’m not sure if this man is an out and out liar or just a moron. He was the Senator who was going to go to Copenhagen with his “Truth Squad” and prove that global warming was a hoax. He got to Copenhagen with his “Squad” of one staffer, couldn’t find anyone to take a meeting with him or any press to listen to him, turned around and came back to the US spending a grand total of 3 hrs in Sweden. Here is one of my favorite quotes of his : “The Climatic Research Unit e-mails show that the science behind climate change "has been pretty well debunked."
6. Michelle Bachmann: “Page 92 of the House health care bill "says specifically that people can't purchase private health insurance after a date certain." Another doosey from her is: ACORN will be a paid partner with the Census Bureau and "they will be in charge of going door-to-door and collecting data from the American public." And on the same note: Says the Constitution only requires her to tell the census "how many people are in our home." Maybe its time for the great Senator from MN to read the constitution.
7. Again not sure if its liar or moron, but she’s always there for a good laugh. Our favorite citizen of the meth capital of the world … Sarah Palin: Seniors and the disabled "will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care."
8. There are myriad Glenn Beck lies, exaggerations and scare tactics. Way to many to list here, but I will let you in on one of my faves: “John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."
9. Betsy McCaughey, another wonderful Death Panalist had this to say at a conservative conference: The health care reform bill "would make it mandatory — absolutely require — that every five years people in Medicare have a required counseling session that will tell them how to end their life sooner.
10. I will put my leftist tendencies aside and give you a few tid bits from Obama: "If you actually took the number of Muslims [sic] Americans, we'd be one of the largest Muslim countries in the world." Or "And 100 percent, John, of your ads . . . 100 percent of them have been negative." Granted most of his untruths were based on bad data but Mr. President, you’re the most powerful man in the free world, maybe you should get a really good fact checker!
11. Senator Ben Nelson of Nebraska held out on voting for the health reform bill, basically selling his vote for a Medicaid kickback. When confronted about it, he defended himself by saying: “Medicaid provision added to the Senate health care reform bill is not a special deal for Nebraska." Yeah and I’m the Pope. The provision clearly states “for the state of Nebraska”.
12. What would be a liar’s list without Newt Gingrich … here’s one of his good ones: Inside the stimulus package "is anti-Christian legislation that will stop churches from using public schools for meeting on Sundays, as well as Boy Scouts and student Bible study groups."
13. And last but not least, the “fair and balanced” Fox News. If I listed all the lies, hypocrisies and half-truths, I would be writing an Encyclopedia Britannica. Let’s just say that if you’re not a Fox News viewer, you know what I’m talking about. If you’re not, I strongly encourage you to try to find a corroborating source!